Saturday, May 5, 2012

Finally! I Win the Battle with Resin!

Finally, after many many failed attempts, I ran out of resin, and had to buy a new batch of resin. This time, from a different manufacturer I found on etsy. I believe the reason why I was failing is because I measured my resin and hardener 1 to 1 ratio by weight rather than volume, thinking that it was more accurate. Turns out I was wrong.

So with my new awesome resin and correct measurements, I was able to win the battle with resin! FINALLY! Here are the pieces I made that I'm truly proud of! All of these turned out rock hard and super shiny. I love them! I still need to turn them into wearable jewelry. I will probably list these in my shop!





That's it for now, Have a wonderful weekend everyone!

8 comments:

  1. Congrats! They look so Beautiful! Love the ones with bears the most! :D
    Hugs
    Kikka

    ReplyDelete
  2. So war is over ;)?? Congrats, they look great, Amy!!
    Hugs, Ilona

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! You not only won the battle, but the war too! :) These pieces are fantastic, absolutely perfect. Considering how difficult and tricky resin is to work with, you did a fabulous job with it!

    Cheers,
    Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's fantastic news Amy, Congratulations on winning the battle with resin!!I love what you've made, the colours are amazing!!
    Also I wanted to say congrats on passing physics!!
    hugs
    Vicky xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you everyone for the awesome comments! You guys are amazing! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nicely done! they all look amazing!
    Shari

    ReplyDelete