Wednesday, December 14, 2011

More Painting Plus Staircase Construction

Can't get over how tiny it is!

I got most of the painting done and removed all the window and door pieces from their sheets. I used a craft knife to carefully remove them because they're too fragile to be punched out. I also started on the staircase and I'm very happy with how it turned out. There's actually going to be another flight of stairs, but that will come later during the assembly of the house.

Paint palette is perfect to contain these small parts!

I stained and varnished everything that needed staining. Here's  one of the floors that I stained using Minwax brand staining pen, color: Golden Oak. I also added a tile floor to one of the rooms, which will be the kitchen. I'm actually proud of how I came up with the idea. After no luck with finding 1/144 scale floors and tiles online, I used an image from a miniature wallpaper catalog! I sprayed the paper with matte sealer for extra protection before gluing it on the floor. Then, I finished it with high gloss coating and it turned out perfect! I love it when improvisation works!

First floor stained and tiled.

I have more painting to do. After I'm done with that, I will start wallpapering!

8 comments:

  1. Wow the stairs is beautiful. So tiny and perfect.
    Hugs Maria

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautifully detailed kit and the floor turned out a treat! i have to say i find this scale more intriguing than any other.
    Well done on your accomplishments so far :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you everyone for the lovely comments! <3

    ReplyDelete