Sunday, December 25, 2011

More Miniature Crochet Teddy Bears

First of all, I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas!

Now, it is time to share my experience with these mini crochet bears with you guys!

Best friends!

Let me tell you how I almost pulled my hair out with frustration trying to work with such small needle and thread, failing many times trying to make a smaller teddy bear. I felt so defeated and was on the verge of giving up. Luckily, with some helpful tips from my very talented friend, Christine from Dandelion Fair, I was able to do it!  Thank you Christine!

I learned that you have to use patterns that are specially made for miniature scale or else it won't work. They were quite challenging, but well worth it!

I used a pattern that I modified a little for both teddy bears and they turned out absolutely adorable. Best of all, they have movable joints!

For the first bear, which I named Abby, I used a size 10 crochet thread and a crochet needle size 1 mm.

Abby is about 2 3/4 inches tall when standing.


This one is special, her name is Rosie.  She is special because I struggled a lot with her. Rosie is made with a size 20 thread, using a 0.6 mm crochet needle. I had such a difficult time making her with such a tiny needle. Rosie didn't turn out as small as I wanted but still a perfect size for 1/12 scale dollhouse.


Rosie is 45 mm tall when standing.

Rosie next to my new 1/24 scale bed set I got for Xmas!

I'm still trying to make a smaller teddy bear and experimenting with different patterns. Please wish me luck!

Also, I'm thinking of including a mini crochet bear as one of the prize items for my 100 follower giveaway. What do you think? Yes, no, maybe?? ;-) If I get a lot of YES, there is something to look forward to for that 100th follower! :-)

19 comments:

  1. Your little bears are gorgeous. Well done and i am sure that whoever is lucky enough to win would love a bear made by you. Happy New Year.
    Hugs Maria

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your little bears! Yes, please give one away! The lucky winner would be absolutely thrilled, and I hope I'm that lucky one! ;-) Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tus ositos son siempre adorables y si sorteases uno quien lo reciba seguro que se pondra muy contenta.
    besitos ascension

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are very impressive babe. Well done. I know how frustrated you got making them. I'm glad you were able to work through it :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The little bears are adorable.
    I would be happy to win one.
    Bye Faby

    ReplyDelete
  6. yes, definitely! they're adorable :-) I admire your patientce to work with such small needles and you always make their faces seem so alive. Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you everyone! Your wonderful comments make my day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh, they are beautiful!!! Well done!! I tried once too, but my hands didn't like it at all.
    And absolutely an YES for a bear as give away!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. @Margriet Hello Margriet! Thank you and welcome to my blog! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMG the bears are wonderful! Thank you for following my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Adorable! And Rosie is so tiny. Your patience paid off. Gill x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh they are sweet! You are a patient and gifted Lady!

    ReplyDelete
  13. These turned out so cute! I recently knitted some miniature mittens. I was surprised by how long they took me being so small and all. Size 1 needles. I could only knit when the sun was shining so I could see the tiny little stitches.

    ReplyDelete
  14. @Make it Small, The Old Maid, Kelly J.R.: Thank you for the sweet comments!

    ReplyDelete
  15. beautiful bears well done any chance of you sharing or selling your pattern for the bears?

    ReplyDelete
  16. Amazing! This blog looks exactly like my old one! It’s on a entirely different topic but it has pretty much the same layout and design. Outstanding choice of colors!

    www.freesitemaker.net/how-to-make-a-website/ecommerce-website-structure

    ReplyDelete
  17. I looked all over, and yours is the cutest little crochet mini bear I have seen. Are you selling the pattern for it? I would like to try to make one for my dolls! Thanks, Kathleen Weber

    ReplyDelete